Sunday, November 8, 2009

Went to the chapel and we got ma-a-arried

Prag and Levy got married on Saturday and it was a great day! It was such an honour to be a bridesmaid and loads of fun too. I can't say that I got much work done the week before the wedding, but being a bridesmaid is Kingdom work too, you know. On Friday I got my nails done: toes and fingers. You should SEE my nails. Spiffy. And on the day of the wedding I got my make-up done. She wasn't too bad for an Afrikaans lady. If you've been to South Africa, you'll know what I mean when I hint that Afrikaans ladies make-up is not the most natural looking, so I was a bit scared. She did it nicely except I did have to wipe off the dark lip liner... it was sick. I did it when she left because I felt bad.
It was a very short wedding. (In comparison to my family weddings which the party starts around 4 and usually ends around 3am). The ceremony was at 10 (more like 10:30) and ended just after 11. Then the reception started around 2 until 4. The dance party was minimal but epic with a room full of Africans. It was a really nice wedding. Prag looked stunning, as usual. I'm sure pictures will be up soon.

On the beach, in the bar, on the beach in the bar
Here's my itinerary for the last month. Why am I writing it to you? I'm just excited.
Nov 9-13 Wrapping up Bushbuckridge, with a 2010 planning meeting on the Friday
Nov 16 Richard Brown is coming to see Bushbuckridge
Nov 17-20 Going to the BEACH in Mozambique. NOw this is exciting for me because I haven't been to a beach of ANY kind since Summer 2007 in Canada. I haven't even seen the ocean in South Africa yet, which is quite sad.
Nov 24-Dec 8 Going to Nigeria (Kano&Lagos) to visit the community schools and do workshops with the teachers. Most time will be spent in Lagos.
Dec 9-14 Packing, visiting, chilling, relaxing all-cooling shooting some bball off the side of the school
Dec 15 Flying home
Dec 16 Arriving in Calgary laaaaate
Dec 20/21 Road trip with Alihaha to Lloydmonster

Please pray for me as I wrap up Bushbuckridge and move onto Nigeria. I'm excited for Nigeria but struggling to finish up Bushbuckridge. Pray for strength and perseverance. We're tired.

Note: "On the beach, in the bar" ... anytime I think of going to the beach, this little phrase pops in my mind and usually out of my mouth and further directly translating into the stomach action. My Father Part 1 (Tom) used to always sit us on his stomach and say over and over "On the beach, in the bar, on the beach, in the bar, on the beach, in the bar, ..." and would make his stomach flat when he said "beach" and push his belly out when he said "bar". It's sort of stuck with me.

No comments: