Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Lord's Prayer.

Jesus said this is how we are to pray.

Lord, my heart is heavy and burdened for your creation: your people, your land, and your critters. Thank you that you dwell in goodness and faithfulness and love and mercy and grace. I rejoice in the power of your name.  Your plan is to restore all of creation; I pray for that now in this moment. Make earth new, just as it is where you are. Until then, give us what we need each day to serve you and serve your creation. Sorry we are hurting the works of your hand and making it into a place where suffering and brokenness play. I choose to love the perpetrators of this, including myself. Protect us from ourselves and other sources of pain and greed and corruption. This place is yours, we are yours. Make yourself known.
Amen.

No comments: