Friday, April 8, 2011

Long Bus Rides

Hey everyone.

Today I officially wrapped up my work in South Africa. Tomorrow at 3 am I begin my big adventure.

Here are my dates:

9 Apr - 21 Apr : Luanshya, Zambia (travelling through Zimbabwe by bus, then Botswana by Kombi on way back)
22 Apr - 24 Apr : South Africa (Busie's wedding)
25 Apr - 3 May : Dedza, Malawi (flying to Lusaka then busing to Dedza)
3 May : WILL & THOM ARRIVE IN LUSAKA!
4 May - 19 May : Likasi, Democratic Republic of Congo (Kristal, Will, and Thom)
19 May - 22 May : Travels back to South Africa via Zambia, Botswana
23 May - 31 May : Final Good-byes in South Africa
1 Jun - 16 Jun : Singapore/Cambodia
16 Jun - Arrive in Calgary, Canada

I've been looking forward to the start of this adventure for a long time, and now it's here! I leave in 4 hours and haven't started to sleep yet. That's unfortunate considering it's a 28 hr bus ride. But I made caramel popcorn for the bus ride so I'm sure that will give me a little kick and entertainment at some point.

Zambia is going to be fantastic! The Regional Celebration is happening, which normally is just a family gathering and celebration of the 3 countries represented in the region (Zambia, DRC, Malawi) but this time all the countries will be represented (South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, DRC, Malawi, Nigeria). Most of these people I haven't seen since 2009. It's always such a powerful, beautiful time. Passionate and anointed people from all across Africa coming together to share in God's goodness from within the daily suffering and trials of the work with orphans and vulnerable children.

It's going to be amazing!

Not sure the best way to contact me during this all. Probably e-mail. And not facebook. kristalgadsby@gmail.com
I'll try to keep you all updated, especially with contact details.

Much love!

No comments: