Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Dear Kristal,

Happy Anniversary.
I can't believe it's been a year already today since that first time I laid my eyes on you. You were so green but so ambitious. As soon as your pasty white body stepped off that plane, I knew that I loved you.
That love has grown over the last 365 days.
I love the way you get stuffed up every morning and every night when we are together. I love the way your hair grows wilder and more unmanageable every day. I love the purplish-red glow of your skin after we go for long walks. I love the many days we fall asleep together at 7:00 pm. I love your smell. I love your bravery when walking through the tall grass. I love the way your nose crinkles when you eat chicken feet. I love the way your body shakes when you dance Nkwazi.
Your are the salt in my pepper, you're the Sani in my Bonani, you're the Lion in my Big 5, you're the A of my NC, you're the Bush in my Buckridge, you're the Boere in my Wors!

Siyabonga, Umfatiwami. Ngiyakutsandza. <3

Love,
Africa
XOXO

2 comments:

Louise Buhler said...

Happy Anniversary!
You're the cutest, ever.
I am writing you a letter. I refuse to respond to a letter with an email. Know that you are always, always in my heart, and also, practically, in my Bible. I carry your letter in my Bible, that is.

Love you!

Sophia K said...

Haha, this is so great! If you're in the ANC, Kristal, I'm voting YES!