Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Daddy

A very, very dear friend of mine recently went on a 3 week journey in Israel. She came back with the most amazing story. She said as she traveled through the streets in Jerusalem, she stopped dead when she witnessed a little boy, arms out in front of him, chasing after his father crying, "Abba, Abba".

He called his papa "Abba". It's real. The little Jewish boys actually do cry out to their daddy's saying "Abba".

And as I read Romans 8, it makes it so real.

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." Rom 8:15-16


On a different note, I dropped my phone in the drop toilet at Zola's house. In case you don't know what it is, it's an outhouse. Luckily, they fetched it out for me. Don't ask me how... I have no idea. Unluckily, it smelled like poo.

No comments: