Saturday, October 15, 2011

Good News from Nigeria

I wrote earlier about two girls in Nigeria whose home was demolished by the government. Today my dear friend Jackie wrote this to me:

I met your little girls in Ilaje community. What is so cool is that they remembered you as the white girl with long hair after I told them that there is a friend of theirs that was really concerned about their whereabouts after their house was demolished... so I have a pic of them waving at you to say they are safe, God protected them..


3 comments:

Jackie Okindah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie Okindah said...

Jossy and Alaba are living in a small shelter very close to the water. However, they continue to be with other children in the community school where they enjoy one hot nutritious meal and basic health... what a blessing:-)

Brooke said...

This is great news. My heart has been breaking for the children in Ilaje. Thanks for sharing this update!!!