Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pine Air

I arrived in Canada on Thursday last week and the first thing I noticed when I stepped out of the airport was the strong smell of pine-fresh air! It was actually quite overwhelming. I couldn't believe how strong it was. It's nice to be in fresh air. Fresh, cool air.

It's really nice to be back. I kicked off my return home with a wedding of one of my good friends. It was beautiful!! And there were so many people there that I didn't expect. It was a nice reunion.

I've been really taking advantage of the down time. Will and I went hiking yesterday and it was the most fun I've had in a while. I have fun all the time, but this was especially fun! We haven't really had much opportunity to adventure on our own lately, so it was well appreciated.

The weather hasn't been pleasant. We came back to days of rain and cold. But today is a stunning day! It's sunny and beautiful! I'm currently sitting on the deck in Millarville, staring at the lush, green poplar trees and in between, a clear view of the mountains. Also staring at Will mow the grass. I like mowing the lawn and especially love smelling the mowed lawn, but I also just love staring at him. I choose to not help today.

In this moment I feel incredibly blessed. I miss Africa and think of all my family there often, but God has ordained this time for us and we look forward to what is to come.

No comments: